Face Serum: An Elixir to the Skin
A serum for the face is something that we are still trying to understand. Though the experts have already published a lot of content on face serums but selecting the right serum is an important task. Do you feel the same? Well, worry no more! We are here to help you understand face serums better.
Face Serums are still new to skincare but the results they offer are unconventional. It addresses the skin problems like acne scars, marks, large pores, and overall skin texture with its unique formulation. The serums for the face have the thinnest consistency so, they absorb quickly.
There are serums for every skin type and almost every skin problem. It just calls for a little attention and knowledge about your skin & you’re all set to go.
Types of Face Serums:
The types of face serums that you are most likely to spot are stated below. Let us dig in to understand the different types of serums worth investing.
Hydrating Serum: Made with a blend of key hydrating actives that help to plump and brighten lackluster skin, hydrating serum supplies an ample amount of hydration to the skin. Some of the hydrating serums also help combat early signs of aging. It further restores skin’s elasticity.
Skin-brightening Serum: Vitamin C is a proven ingredient that helps in brightening & firming the skin. Skin brightening serums, therefore, have Vitamin C as a core ingredient. These serums prevent pigmentation, blemishes, dark spots, and marks eventuating in brighter-looking skin.
Anti-acne Serum: Acne is a common complaint for almost 70% of individuals. You might be using several products to treat the problem but nothing beats a serum. It contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to help heal the skin better. Further, it clears extra sebum and impurities from the skin.
Anti-aging Serum: Made with small molecules that quickly get absorbed in the skin, the anti-aging face serum is filled with antioxidant that delays the signs of aging. It has retinol that increases the production of collagen. This serum also delivers a boost of active ingredients to your skin quickly. Generally, we use anti-aging serums at night. Always read the instructions before use.
Skin Correcting Serum: A skin-correcting serum helps enhance the texture of the skin, revive dull & pale skin, and shed the dead skin cells. It ensures to bring ahead naturally illuminating, smoother, even-textured skin.
Friendly Reminder: Always read the instructions before applying the serum to determine when (AM or PM) one should use the serum. Also, seeking dermatologists' advice will help you land a product for you than just buying what your best friend has bought.
What are the Benefits of Face Serums?
As we have already read each of the serums has different purposes to serve. Nevertheless, some of the common benefits include:
- Improves overall skin texture
- Treats blemishes and pigmentation
- Works on pores
- Provides the skin with much-needed hydration
- Restores skin elasticity
- Evens out the skin
- Gives the skin an illuminating glow
- Soothes the skin
How to Use a Face Serum?
Serums come in a glass or plastic bottle with a dropper as we require only a few drops of serum to revive the skin. Applying serum on the face is as important as drinking water. The process of applying a face serum includes:
- Begin with clear skin: Always clean your face thoroughly before applying the serum. It will keep the dust and impurities from mingling with the serum and getting into the skin. Further, it prevents the skin from getting acne or pimples.
- Apply dots all over the face & neck: The quantity that you need of a face serum varies from the moisturizer. Apply a few dots of the serum all over the face using the pipette or the dropper.
- Massage gently: Once you have applied the serum, massage it gently in circular motions until absorbed. This will help the serum to seep deep into the skin.
- Allow it to absorb: Before applying any other product, you must give face serum enough time to absorb. Immediately applying the second product may not help you get the expected results from the serum.
- Follow up with sunscreen: During the daytime, follow up with broad-spectrum sunscreen.
The Final Words:
Face Serums are products that are rich in active ingredients, feel lightweight, and absorb quickly into the skin. The market is overflowing with a variety of face serums. Each of these serums has a specific purpose to fulfill in a way that they deal with a particular skin problem. Dermatologists recommend using face serums twice a day. However, it is always good to follow the instructions mentioned on the product label. Hope we helped you develop an understanding about the serums for the face. You can easily find the right serum for you. Happy Shopping!
Read Also - STOP Making These Mistakes with Your Face Serum