Walnuts are an incredible source of numerous nutrients and minerals that nourish and protect skin cells and make it look brighter and younger. Full with potassium, omega 3 and 9 fatty acids that give you flawless and ageless skin; including them in your regular skin care regime can give you the skin of your dreams. Read on the following article for some natural beauty tips.
Top 4 Skin Benefits of Walnuts:
Walnuts are consumed by people all around the world. They are versatile in their usage. Apart from directly consuming the nut, it can also be used in various face masks and packs that have amazing effects for the skin. Many cosmetic companies use walnuts in creams, lotions and scrubs, but why bother chemicals when there are natural and organic ways to use the dry fruit?;
Walnut benefits for skin are enormous and being high on antioxidants it keeps your skin healthy and flawless. The top 4 advantages of using walnut are listed below.
- It fights aging.
Walnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fats that help to combat the signs of ageing and give you younger looking skin. Walnut oil is the best solution for those who are looking to ease away signs of aging and wrinkles. The oil is absorbed by the inner layer of skin and makes it soft while making other signs of ageing such as lines and wrinkles disappear over a period of time.
- It fights infections.
Walnuts are good for fighting a host of skin related infections and conditions that give rise to acne, pimples and irritation on the skin. Walnut oil for skin is incredible as it fights off bacterial and fungal infections, keeping acne and pimples away. The antioxidants in walnuts aids in cleaning the skin’s surface of any free radices and harmful toxins and wash off excess skin oil.
- It helps you treat skin ailments.
As you grow older your skin gets exposed to a plethora of issues and if you do not control that in time, it is likely that it may eventually succumb to them and that is going to result in dull, dry and lifeless skin. So the easiest way to get rid of common skin problems is by using face scrubs containing walnut that washes off all impurities, leaving behind youthful, clean and glowing skin.
- It acts as a source of antioxidants.
Walnuts are great source of antioxidants and helps fight off impurities while healing the skin. It helps to fight off free radicals that eventually damage the skin cells beyond repair and causes diseases like skin cancer. The polyphenols in walnuts help to make your skin flawless and blemish free.
Using Walnuts for Skin Whitening:
There are few easy and simple face packs and masks that can be made at home using walnuts to give that dull and boring skin a new life and glow. Few of them are listed here.
- Honey and Walnut Face Pack
2 tbsp walnut kernels, 1 tbsp honey, Few drops of Rose Water.
- In a mixer, grind 2 tbsps walnut kernels to a fine powder and add 1 tbsp honey and few drops of rose water to it
- Mix well and make a smooth paste
- Apply the mask on the face and start gently massaging for 5-10 mins
- Let it sit for another 20-25 mins
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process at least twice a week for best results.
ii. Walnut Oil & Gram Flour Mask
1 tbsp gram flour, Few drops of aromatic walnut oil, 2 tbsps milk
- Combine 1 tbsp gram flour along with 2 tbsps milk and few drops of aromatic walnut oil in a bowl and make a thick paste
- Apply the mask evenly on the face and neck area and let it sit for 15-20 mins
- Wash it off the face with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Always apply a moisturizing lotion post the application of the mask as the gram flour tends to make the skin dry
- Repeat the process at least once a week for desired results.
- Walnut and Coconut Scrub
1 tbsp walnut shells, 1 tbsp coconut oil (hardened), Few drops of rose water
- In a mixer, take 1 tbsp walnut shells and grind coarsely
- To the powdered shells, add 1 tbsp hardened coconut oil and few drops of rose water and make the scrub
- Apply the scrub evenly all over the face and gently exfoliate for 10-15 mins
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat the face dry
- Repeat the process at least once a week for enhanced skin tone & complexion.
- Walnut and Cream Face Pack
1 tbsp walnut kernels, 1 tbsp cream, Few drops of walnut oil
- In a grinder, blend 1 tbsp walnut kernels into a fine powder and to it add 1 tbsp fresh cream and few drops of walnut oil
- Mix the ingredients together to form a thick face pack
- Apply the pack on the face and gently massage for 5-10 mins
- Let it sit for another 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process at least once a week for desired skin results.
v. Walnut, Papaya & Turmeric Face Mask
- In a mixer, blend 1 tbsp walnut kernels into a fine powder
- To the powder, now add 1 tbsp mashed papaya pulp and 1 tsp turmeric and make a smooth paste
- Apply the mask evenly on the face and neck areas and let it sit for 15-20 mins
- Wash it off the face with cold water and pat dry
- Apply this mask at least twice a week for younger and radiant looking skin.