Real Scientists &Team On Which Mission Mangal Is Based On
"ISRO's Mars Marvel,The Women and Men Who Made Mangalyaan Possible"
Nov 18, 2023, 20:56 IST
On September 24, 2014, India created history when it succeeded in its first Mars mission, Mangalyaan. ISRO launched the mission on November 5, 2013 with the PSLV-C25 rocket that carried the Mars Orbiter into space on its 25th flight.
The mission was launched from the first launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Center SHAR in Sriharikota and has remained on the planet and in orbit ever since, outliving its original 6-month duration.
The Mangalyan flight is very important for the nation as it became not only India's first interplanetary mission but also the first Asian country to reach Marsand. in orbit and most importantly, the first nation in the world to do so in its first attempt.
Mangalya Mission Timeline
As for how the mission went, it was by the book and thankfully uneventful. On November 5, 2013, ISRO PSLV C25 launched from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh for the Mars Orbiter Mission.
- On November 7, 2013, the mission's first flight to Earth was made.
- On November 8, 2013, the mission's second land flight mission was completed.
- November 9, 2013, Third Ground Guide.
- On November 11, 2013, a fourth Earth bound run ended.
- Mangalyaan crosses the gravitational sphere of influence of Mars on September 22, 2014.
- On September 24, 2014, Mangalyaan enters the planned orbit around Mars, making India the first nation in history to launch a mission to the Red Planet successfully on its first try.
The group behind India's Mangalyaan Mars Expedition
The group behind India's Mangalyaan Mars expedition
It is worthwhile to look at other individuals who contributed to the success of the Mars mission, even if the group of women who made the Mangalyaan project a reality has received a lot of attention.
- K Radhakrishnan led the mission and was in charge of all ISRO operations.
- A director who contributed to the liquid propulsion system and PSLV development was S Ramakrishnan.
- Project Director P. Kunhikrishnan oversaw the PSLV program. He oversaw the Mars Orbiter Mission's PSLV-C25 mission as well.
- The project manager for the Mangalyaan mission was Moumita Dutta.
- Navigation's Deputy Operations Director was Nandini Harinath.
- Navigation's Deputy Operations Director was Ritu Karidhal.
- BS Kiran handled flight dynamics as an associate project director.
- The Mars Orbiter Mission's mission director was V Kesava Raju.
- The scientific secretary of ISRO was V Koteswara Rao.
- The director of the liquid propulsion system was Chandradathan.
- The Director of the Satellite Application Center was AS Kiran Kumar.
- As the Program Director, M. Annadurai oversaw the management of the budget and provided guidance on the scheduling, resources, and configuration of the spacecraft.
- MYS Prasad: Satish Dhawan Space Centre Director. In addition, he served as the Launch Authorization Board Chairman.
- SK Shivakumar worked in the ISRO Satellite Center as a director. In addition, he oversaw the Deep Space Network antenna project.
- S Arunan oversaw the group that constructed the Mars Orbiter Mission as a Project Director.