If you come across any skinny person the first advice which you have probably given is to consume a lot of bananas with milk. Banana and milk are very rich in calories and that is the reason behind considering bananas as an age-old method for gaining weight. Even when you are on a diet your nutritionist might have suggested you to eat bananas with milk.
Banana contains 90-95 calories which is a lot more than the number of calories you would consume if you eat a candy. It is very rich in Vitamin B6 and helps in regularizing the blood circulation in the body. Adding smoothies or milkshakes to your diet is the ideal way to incorporate banana into your regular diet.
Milk is a dairy product and it is a great source of calories, protein and beneficial nutrients that will help you safely gain weight and build muscle. However, people with lactose intolerance should avoid it.
Both banana and milk have a low medium Glycemic index. A banana contains approximately 100 calories and a glass of low-fat milk has about 60-80 calories. So, if you eat a banana with milk you would consume about 160-180 calories. Hence it is the best way to gain weight while you are at the comforts of your home. However, there has been a dual view regarding banana. Some believe that banana helps in weight gain, while others believe they help in weight loss. The mystery remains unsolved.
Ways of Increasing the Intake of Banana in your Diet:
You can consume banana in several ways. It is indeed a tempting fruit.
- Mix it with other fruits and consume it as a yummy fruit salad.
- Blend it with low-fat yogurt and enjoy your delicious banana smoothie.
- Cut the banana into small slices and add it to your sandwich.
- You can also sprinkle a little bit of black salt on the bananas and have it.
Recipes of Banana and Milk:
Banana Cream Pie Milkshake
- 1 banana
- ¼ to ½ cup milk
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 5 wafers
- Whipped cream
- Blend the banana, milk, ice cream and wafers in a blender until you have the desired consistency.
- Then top it with whipped cream, banana slices and wafers.
- Now serve the delicious milkshake.
Smoothie with Banana Milk and Honey:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 10 almonds
- 5 raisins
- 5 dessert dates
- Desired quantity of chocolates
- Cocoa powder
- Desired amount of honey
- 2 cups of cow’s milk
- ½ cup soy milk
- Cut slices of banana, almonds, raisins, dates and dark chocolate.
- Put all the ingredients together in the mixture and blend it properly.
- Pour it in a glass.
- Put some ice in it and freeze it for some time.
- Serve it with special toppings according to your own wish (nuts and chocolate.)
Banana and Oats Milkshake
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oats
- Malted milk drink
- Honey or Sugar
- Add oats in a cup of water
- Keep it till it’s not well cooked and then leave it at room temperature for it to cool down.
- Chop the banana roughly.
- Mix it with cooked oats, chopped bananas, milk, malted milk drink, and honey or sugar.
- Blend it well.
- Now the yummy milkshake is ready to serve.