Top 7 Exercises To Reduce Thigh Fat
Summer is the perfect season to showcase your collection of shorts, skirts, and dresses. If you're getting ready for an upcoming beach vacation, chances are your swimwear will be your preferred outfit. For those concerned about excess thigh fat, we have some tips on how to trim and tone your thighs.
First and foremost, it's essential to understand that women typically store more body fat in their hips and thighs compared to men. While spot reduction of fat is challenging, meaning you can't selectively lose fat from one area, there are specific exercises that can help you work on your thigh area.
Here are 7 exercises to target and tone your thighs:
- As you stand, space your feet shoulder-width apart and keep your arms at your sides.
- Maintain good posture by keeping your chest up and your gaze straight ahead while engaging your core.
- Lower your body into a sitting position by bending your knees and pushing your hips back.
- Pause briefly, then push back up to your starting position when your thighs are parallel to the floor, and slightly lift your arms.
- Stand tall with your hands on your waist or in a prayer position.
- Step your left leg forward, toes facing forward.
- Squat down until your left thigh and calf are at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold this position for about 3 seconds before returning to the starting position. Repeat.
-Begin with your feet positioned at a shoulder-width distance.
- Get into a crouching position and place your hands between your legs on the ground.
- Kick your legs back into a push-up position, perform a push-up, then push yourself back up.
- Crouch by hopping and moving your feet forward, closer to your hands.
- Explosively jump straight up into the air with your arms extended overhead. This completes one repetition.
4. Fly Jumping Jacks:
- Keep your feet together and your back straight. Open your hands in a lateral position to align with your shoulders.
- While you stretch out your legs, bring your hands together in front of you, creating a clapping motion.
- Jump again while closing your legs and returning your hands to the initial straight position with your shoulders.
- Repeat this motion.
5. Leg Lifts:
- Lie down with your legs fully extended on the ground.
- Flex your left knee and position your foot flat on the floor.
- Raise your right leg to match the level of your opposite knee, maintaining its straight position.
- Gently lower it to the ground and repeat with the other leg.
6. Butterfly Stretch:
- Sit on a mat or a comfortable spot on the floor with your legs fully extended and your back straight.
- Bend both knees in a butterfly-wing shape, bringing your feet as close to your pelvic area as possible and linking them together by clasping your hands.
- Take slow and deliberate breaths while gently pushing your thighs and knees against the mat. While maintaining this position, start swinging both legs up and down like butterfly wings.
- To return to the starting position, keep your spine straight while performing the pose and stretch your legs wide.
- Assume a push-up position, but bend your elbows so that your weight is supported by your forearms.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles, engage your glutes, and maintain a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Hold this plank pose for as long as you can.
Remember that consistency is key when working on toning and reducing fat in specific areas. Combine these exercises with a balanced diet and regular cardiovascular workouts for the best results.