Worried about dark circles? Here are some easy home remedies by beauty expert Sarika, which will help you get rid of them in no time
“The man beauty of a woman can be seen from her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.” Audrey Hepburn
Our eyes are one of the most beautiful gifts we have and as women we pride ourselves in it! However in this day and age of increased stress and anxiety, we tend to start losing its beauty. Dark circles are common in women of all age groups above the age of 16 years. It can affect women due to stress and also genetic factors in the family.
Curious to know the causes behind dark circles?
Firstly, if your oversleeping, tired of staying up at late hours, or just plain sleep deprived your skin becomes dull, pale, and causes dark tissues and blood vessels under your eyes. Reason being, poor sleep leads to fluid building underneath the eyes, making it appear puffy.
Secondly, aging the natural way is another common reason for
dark circles. As women age, the skin under the eyes gets thinner,
and begins to lose the fat and collagen which maintains the skin's elasticity.
And dark blood vessels beneath the skin get visible and cause the area
under the eyes to darken.
Thirdly, women that work long hours and strain their eyes with excessive exposure to television and computer screen leads to the blood vessels around the eyes to enlarge, resulting in the skin surrounding your eyes can darken. Apart from this, dehydration also causes dark circles, wherein eyes look sunken, and finally overexposure to the sun, which leads to pigmentation in the surrounding skin under the eyes.
Now that you know the reasons behind the barrier to your beauty, we are sharing some simple and easy ways to make home remedies for eliminating and reducing dark circles.
Let's get started!
– Cold Compress: Wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth and rub it gently on your eyes, or use cold water instead. This can be done for 20 minutes and must be repeated if the clothe gets warm or ice melts.
– Teabags: It is known that our favorite cuppa contains caffeine and antioxidants to help stimulate blood circulation, You shrinking blood vessels and reduces liquid retention under the skin. You can soak two black or green tea bags in hot water for five minutes, and let it chill in the after which refrigerator for 20 minutes. Once it's cold enough, you can place it on closed eyes for 20 minutes, after which you can rinse your lids with cold water. This makes the skin around your eyes look vibrant and glowing. repeat 1-3 times a day to see effective results.
– Cold cucumber slices: The much-required antioxidants in cucumber, plus the natural astringent and coolant effect reduces puffiness around the eyes, which in turn causes the skin tissues to contract, therefore making under-eye circles less visible. Place cucumber slices on each eyelid and leave it on for 10 minutes, after which it must be removed.
– Milk and rose water: One of the simplest procedures, wherein you must mix two teaspoons of rose water and one teaspoon of milk. Soak two cotton pads in mixture and place it over your eyes, and leave it on for 20 minutes. Once done, you, just rinse your eyes with cold water and can be repeated thrice a week. The same can be done with almond oil and lemon juice.
– Aloe Vera: You must clean the under-eye area and apply aloe Vera pulp under the eyes for 10 minutes and rinse after some time. The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties are effective in lightening your circles.
– Haldi and pudina leaves: A very simple procedure which involves making a puree of pudina leaves, and adding ¼ teaspoons of Haldi(turmeric) powder. The mixture must be applied under your eyes for 20 minutes, and rinsed after some time.
– Coconut and argan oil: Each of these oils can be used separately under your eyes. A few drops can be applied a few minutes before sleeping and can be rinsed in the morning.
– Argan Oil is rich in vitamin E and tocopherols, which replenishes moisture in the skin cells and fades wrinkles by repairing the skins hydro-lipid layer. It also reduces fine lines. Coconut oil has vitamin E and antioxidants that repair damaged and dry skin cells, plus is rich in lactic acid that tightens the skin. You must ensure you massage gently in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
– Potato: Grate chilled potatoes and drain the juice in a bowl, after which you can soak cotton pads in it and place it on your eyes for 20 minutes, and rinse with normal water. The bleaching properties of potato lighten the skin under your eyes and reduces puffiness.
- Saffron: Saffron has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants which can help
clear the dark circles under your eyes. Take a few cotton balls, and soak ¼ cup of milk
and saffron strands for some time. Apply the mixture under your eyes with the help of
the cotton balls. Rinse with cold water after leaving it on the skin for about ten to twelve
- Jojoba Oil: Known for its rejuvenating properties, jojoba oil reduces the dull and undernourished skin under the eyes. Apply a few drops of jojoba oil under the eyes and massage gently, and leave it overnight for best results. This remedy can be done at least once every day at night before going to bed to see results.
“The eye is the jewel of the body” Henry David Thoreau
Your eyes are a window to your soul and the pride of a woman, and you don't want to take any chances with them! And it is the most precious
Though chemical based products help in getting rid of them, but then there are many who have extremely sensitive skin and only pure home remedies can help them.
About The Author
Sarika Tainwala is a corporate marketing professional with 6+ years of work experience in Client Servicing, Business Development, and content writing with Imagic Creatives Pvt Ltd, Think IMC, Aegis BPO, and Air Deccan airlines among others. Academically she’s studied – Executive General Management Program (EGMP), IIM, B, Six months of Management Development Program-(YPP) from IIM, K, PGDMM, St. Joseph College of Administration, Bangalore,B.Com- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. She’s also a voice-over artist and loves to gym and watches movies. She’s a management professional who turned into a writer and loves reading the romance genre and Indian authors. She aspires to release her own novel someday.
Image Source: Pinterest