Skincare cannot be adopted as a habit overnight. You need a lot of dedication and need to be consistent to be able to see results of skincare. It is not just about using a bunch of products on your face. A proper and complete skincare routine includes other factors apart from just using products. It includes you diet, your lifestyle, and your other day to day habits.
One needs to combine all of these elements and form a certain routine that they follow. This routine will gradually take you on the journey of achieving good and healthy skin on your own. Just be consistent in following the routine, and you are sure to see visible results.
If you are confused about what this routine must involve, then this article will definitely help you out.
Given below in this article are a few skincare tips and tricks, which will help you achieve naturally beautiful and healthy skin. It is a combination of various day-to-day factors to keep in mind, which are responsible for giving you clear skin. Check these out, and don’t forget to try them out for results!
Skincare Tips and Tricks
· Always stay hydrated. Consuming sufficient water during a day will not just offer healthy and clear skin, but will also contribute to your body’s overall wellbeing. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day is considered to be ideal. This helps in keeping the toxins out, which leads to better healing process for your skin. You must also consume fruits and veggies that have high water content. Cucumbers, watermelons, strawberries are the best examples of high water-content food items. So, stay hydrated and bless your skin!
· Never say no to sunscreen. You need sunscreen even when it is cloudy outside, or even when you don’t step out of the house. It is extremely important to protect your skin from the sun rays. This helps in avoiding early wrinkling of the skin and other skin problems that come with age. Your sunscreen must be of SPF 15 and must be able to protect you from UVA as well as UVB rays of the sun. Further, it should not block your pores and must be light on the skin.
· It is important that you know your skin type. People have different skin types and can have different skincare routines according to their skin types. It is necessary for you to know your skin type before you set your skincare routine. It will also help you select the right cosmetics for your skin. Using skincare products that do not suit your skin type could lead to skin problems and irritation. Thus, only use skincare products and cosmetics that suit your skin type.
· Once you know your skin type, you can build a proper skincare routine for yourself. The basic skincare routine steps for any skin type are – cleansing, serums, moisturizers, sunscreen, face oils, etc. Under these, you will find many products that may or may not be for your skin type. Simply select the ones that would suit your skin type, and begin with your skincare routine.
· Avoid using DIY hacks that are very popular on the internet. Even though some of these hacks may show you results, but they cause long-term harm to your skin. The following hacks are the ones that dermatologists suggest you to avoid- using lemon juice, toothpaste, baking soda, garlic, sugar, vitamin E, etc. Yes, these ingredients may be natural. But they are not formulated for your skin. Only use products that you trust, and hacks that your dermatologist recommends.