Summer is here. Are you wondering about what to wear post the lockdown? Read our article by fashionista Purvi to find out!
During summers, we should prefer wearing light coloured cotton clothes. Cotton is a good absorber of water as we sweat a lot. It absorbs sweat from our body and exposes the sweat to the atmosphere which makes it evaporate faster. Indian summers outfits have chic linen and cotton tops like the spaghettis, tie-dye off the shoulder top, tubes, strapless or shoulder tops. We can easily dress them up with skirts, shorts and cotton trousers which will give us a cool and casual look.
Mumbai is one of the most fashion-forward cities in India. We can wear anything we wish to, create new looks and flaunt in the outfits along with being comfortable. Our options range from skirts, jeans, shorts, palazzos, salwars, churidars, t-shirts, different types of tops and many more.
Many of the locals don’t wear shorts when going to work. But there is nothing wrong in wearing them as no one will judge us. Although we must ask if there are any specifications regarding clothes. It is a big city and people are open-minded. We should just avoid wearing shorts in religious places.
Here are some summer outfits ideas which you can try and flaunt.
1) An oversized pair of jeans is perfect for that laid-back feel of summertime. It covers our legs and at the same time doesn’t stick. We can pair it with some light colour tank top and some dark accessories to feel chic.
2) Summer is the perfect time to branch out. We must choose the colours of our outfits palette-wise. You can go for a bold coloured blouse with button-fly jeans and some sunnies. It gives a perfect classy look.
3) You can show off your legs in a summer-appropriate mini-dress. With a vintage-inspired topper, you are ready for a beach fling, road trip or barbeque.
4) If you have a meeting or presentation at your office in this summer weather, choose a light colour sharp suit and nail it effortlessly.
5) A puff-sleeve white top is a must-have summer top. You can pair it with khaki trousers and sneakers, cut-off shorts or even jeans the top is also called little white top (LWT).
6) A classic trench and black accessories for unexpected summer showers are so effortless. It is a practical, minimalist look.
7) Sometimes, simple looks can serve. You can try shirtdress in many ways as a beach cover-up, a tunic over pants, or open, layered over a tank. The possibilities are endless.
You can pair graphic tees with pastel midi skirts for casual hangouts and meet-ups with friends.
8) Refresh your button-up shirts by going for the plunge for a more relaxing vibe. Then, offset that with a polished pencil skirt and lady-like accessories for a fit that is balanced in all the best ways.
9) Off-shoulder dresses are some trends which just return summer after summer. You can dress one up for a wedding or down for a stroll around the city.