Top 10 Largest Living Creatures In The Sea
Aug 26, 2023, 10:37 IST
All the largest living creatures in the world have their home in the sea. Among these creatures, some remain elusive and mysterious. In this article, we will talk about the Top 10 largest living creatures in the sea.
- Lion's Mane Jellyfish- Lion's Mane Jellyfish is the longest creature in the sea. These creatures are about 120 feet long. These creatures are said to get entangled in marine debris or with other tentacles. With the help of their long main poison-equipped tentacle trap, they trap the prey excellently.
- Blue Whale- Blue Whale is the largest animal and its length is about 108.27 feet. Their weight is about 441,000 pounds.
- Sperm Whale - Sperm Whales are also among the largest living creatures in the sea. They happen to be the largest of toothed whales. These creatures also have the largest brains of any other animal on this planet. Their length is about 78.74 feet.
- Whale Shark - Whale Shark is the largest and the most beautiful fish in the sea. Its length is about 61.68 feet. These fishes are also listed as endangered.
- Basking Shark- The Basking shark is the second largest fish in the ocean. These creatures are around 40 feet long.
- Giant Squid - Giant Squid is the largest cephalopod. They were filmed for the first time in 2012 by a group of scientists from the National Science Museum of Japan. They are about 39.37 feet long.
- Giant Pacific Octopus- Giant Pacific Octopus is around 32.15 feet long. They are very intelligent by nature and can open jars, and play with mazes and toys.
- Oarfish - Oarfish are often referred to as the sea serpent or dragon. Their length is about 26.25 meters, and are also the longest bony fish.
- Ocean Sunfish - The total length of ocean sunfish is around 19.82 feet. They are affectionately called swimming heads.
- Japanese Spider Crab - The Japanese Spider Crab is around 12.14 feet in length. It is an arthropod.